“Since we started monitoring, this is the first ever case of a coronavirus pandemic that has two dangerous implications: it moves fast and kills at the same time,” he said.
– The dl of August will probably include the possibility of obtaining a 20% discount at the restaurant. ANSA learns this, according to which the reimbursement – on which the deputy ministers Laura Castelli and Stefano Buffagni are working, would arrive directly on the account or on the card or, alternatively, by registering with a special app. The total allocation would be around one billion euros. The bonus would apply to expenses from September to December and the reimbursement mechanism could also be monthly.
– The number of coronavirus infections in Tokyo returns to rise after the downsizing in the last two days. On Tuesday, the capital registered 309 new positivity, against an increase in swabs – which brings the total number of infections to just over 14 thousand, over a third of the total national sum
– “At the moment 64 patients are admitted to our Institute. Of these 51 are positive for the Sars-CoV-2 research swab, 13 undergoing investigations”. It can be read in the Spallanzani medical bulletin. “2 patients need Intensive Care, while those discharged and transferred to home or other local structures, are 558 this morning”.
– 250 migrants, all Tunisians, have so far been boarded on the quarantine ship Gnv Azzurra which is located in Lampedusa. The Gnv Azzurra has a total of 1,000 seats. Boarding, under the supervision of the police and carabinieri, takes place in Cala Pisana. The migrants, with masks and backpacks, go up in groups of 10 and the Red Cross displaces them on the various bridges. The refugees will arrive from the hotspot in the Imbriacola district, until all the available places are filled.
– “It is clear that the second wave of Covid-19 has arrived. The number of infections” in Belgium “is growing and it is not a small increase. We do not know how long it will last and how much the curves will go up. However, this second wave may not have dramatic consequences: the measures implemented by the National Security Council can work “. So Steven Van Gucht, president of the scientific committee on coronavirus of the Institute of Health, Sciensano, according to what is reported by the online Belgian newspapers.
– The Argentine Ministry of Health has announced that in the last 24 hours the deaths from the coronavirus pandemic have been 166, a record for a single day, bringing the general death toll to 3,813. As for the infections, with the 4,824 located in the latest tests, they reached 206,743, placing Argentina in sixth place among the Latin American nations.
– The United States yesterday recorded an additional 46,321 infections and 532 deaths from coronavirus in 24 hours, according to the Johns Hopkins University tally. The total in the country most affected by the pandemic rises to 4,711,323 cases and 155,366 victims.
– The territorial differences in the seroprevalence survey on the development of antibodies to SarsCov2 in the population are very “accentuated” and Lombardy reaches its maximum with 7.5% seroprevalence, that is 7 times the value detected in the more low diffusion especially in the South. It emerges from the first results of the seroprevalence survey released by the Ministry of Health and Istat.
– “Asynotomatics are not a low share: they reach 27.3%”: this is highlighted by the investigation on seroprevalence in the context of the coronavirus emergency that is presented in these minutes to the Ministry of Health. “An estimate similar to that of Spain – underlined Sabatini, Istat central director.
– Five Italian regions do not register new cases of coronavirus: they are Marche, Friuli Venezia Giulia, Calabria, Valle d’Aosta and Basilicata.
– There are 159 infections from Covid in the last 24 hours in Italy (yesterday there were 239). According to data from the Ministry of Health, however, the victims are increasing, which are 12 (yesterday there were 8) and reach a total of 35.1